I need to start writing these #BookBlogWriMo posts earlier during the day than late at night… Well well. Today, I’m being Yoda. Here’s my advice for newbie bloggers!
These are some tips that I try to take in myself, as I’m still pretty fresh and am still trying to get out there. Hopefully, they’ll help you too!
- Be organized – No one likes to read a blog that has way to much going on. Most definitely, it’ll just cause their browser to go 10x slower than usual. Keep it simple. I’m not saying don’t jazz it up. Just don’t over do it. Make it easy to navigate around your blog!
- Update often – I’m really bad at this, but since I need to read books to actually write reviews of them, I tend to fall behind on reviewing since school gets in the way. But update often; not too often, but at least more than once a week.
- Tags – tags can be your best friend. But again, don’t overdo it! There are many blogs who’s been around way before me who knows what to do. Just google it, and you will get an answer.
- Blog what you want – Don’t think about what you think other would want to read. Sure, have it in the back of your head, but don’t let be all the reasons why you do this! Blogging should be your free choice, you should have an urge to say what you wanted so much to say. Just do what you want. Say what you want to say. Write whatever feels right!
- Have fun! – I bet this comes of often, but seriously. Despite everything I’ve written about being organized and update often, you don’t have to do it all. You can update once a week if that’s all the time that you’ve got. Or you could go overboard with the jazzling if that’s what make you happy. Just have fun.
I didn’t have that many tips, but I hope all you newbies (who’s fresher than me) found this helpful.
Lots of love,