First of all; Happy New Year, everyone!
I came on my WordPress dashboard for the first time in way too long and saw many posts about the year-end recap. I stumbled upon this one by Scribble & Wanderlust, called the 2014 End of Year Book Survey. After further “investigating”, I found out this is a annual thing hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner. The concept is so awesome that I just had to do it myself. So here you have it, my reading life in 2014:
Number Of Books You Read: 30 (I totally failed my Goodreads reading challenge….)
Number of Re-Reads: 0 (Don’t judge…)
Genre You Read The Most From: Young adult/Contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Hmmm…. I’m slightly torn here. I have some books that really made me feel stuff. No kidding; Allegiant, We Were Liars, Anna and the French Kiss, Fangirl, the whole Mortal Instruments serie. These books literally made me feel all the feelings a human-being is capable of feeling, pluss 10 times more. But if it came down to it, I’ll pick Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This book was so relatable and somehow, it got stuck in my head ever since I read it. It’s a great book and definitely one of my all-time favorites.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Eleanor & Park. Well, it’s not that I hate it, I just didn’t love it as much as I thought that I would.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart! Oh my god, have you read it? If yes, then you know what I’m talking about. That book was gloomy as hell and the ending totally caught me off guard.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
I am surrounded with people who isn’t much of a reader.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best series: I didn’t really read that many series in 2014. I think I just read one actually, and that’s The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
Best Sequel: Ooooh. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins! I loved this book. Anna remains my one true love but Lola was pretty awesome too! I love Stephanie Perkins’ writing and her books quickly became favorites.
Best Series Ender: Hmm… I’m tempted to say Isla and the Happily Ever After. But at the same time… City of Heavnly Fire was good as well. But I was marathoning the whole TMI series and it was starting to get too much at once. So… Contemporary wins this time, I guess.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Stephanie Perkins is my homegirl. I love her and her writing style. Credit to my bestie who recommended her to me.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I read the Fifty Shades of Grey series exactly one year ago (end of 2013/start of 2014). That was way out of my comfort zone. Not to shabby though, I can’t wait for the movie to come out on Valentine’s Day this year.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Divergent. Or actually; the whole freaking series. Something kept happening all the time, and I think I read the whole series on record time.
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Anna and the French Kiss (what can I say; Étienne got me hooked) & Fangirl. I couldn’t pick just one. They both are so dear to my heart.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Isla and the Happily Ever After, solely because I love New York City.
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
It should be no suprise; Étienne St.Clair is the bae of 2014.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Downright because of how realistic and on point it is.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
We Were Liars. This book messed me up big time.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Heheh.. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, or simply the whole Mortal Instruments series.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and mildly socially retarded, I’m a complete disaster.”
– Cath from Fangirl
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Longest: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Allegiant. Holy shit the ending left me in a state of shock for a week.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
I SHALL GO DOWN WITH ANNA & ST.CLAIR!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Isabelle and Jace (TMI)…. or Reagan and Cath (Fangirl)
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Ehm… I didn’t read anything particularly before 2014… But I read several Stephanie Perkins and Rainbow Rowell books this year.. Do they count?
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Anna and the French Kiss. My best friend kept fangirling about it and insisting that I check it out, so I did. and I’m so glad that I did.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Monsieur Étienne St.Clair
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
I don’t think I actually read any debuts this year…
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Oh… That must be the Shadow World/Alicante, Idris. Something about the way Cassandra Clare describes the setting is so beautiful, I would love to travel to Idris if it was a real place.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Fangirl, again. I really loved this book, okay? Okay.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
That’s many. But the one that really broke me down to a million pieces… Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
I read too often well-known books, so I guess there’s no hidden gems that I’ve read.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Allegiant. Ask my friends, I was a wreck.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
We Were Liars. This book was … one of a kind.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I’m thorn between Allegiant and Eleanor & Park… I think Allegiant won. I was so mad and conflicted after finishing it at 3 o’clock in the morning…
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
The thing is, I usually read the posts from blogs I follow on WordPress. I’m so bad at keeping myself updated, so this is my solution. But I did find many booktubers that I absolutely love (JesseTheReader, most of all).
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
Fangirl! I know this book comes up way too often, but really. After reading the book, I wrote my longest review as of yet. I had so much to say, and I think I drafted a good review because of that.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Hm… The Fault in Our Star film adaption review. It was quite short, though…
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I met Jojo Moyes! She came to Oslo for a book festival and I got a signed copy of One Plus One and Me Before You! I somehow totally forgot to write a post about it, but here are some snapshots of her signing my book (and telling me she saw my tweet!)
*Pictures coming soon
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Meeting Jojo Moyes. Specially since this was my first time ever to meet one of my favorite authors.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Everything actually.. Or maybe my review of Lola and the Boy Next Door?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Norway doesn’t charge taxes for book purchases online!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
No… I read 30 of 50 books. But to my defence, I didn’t really start to really read until late 2014. However! I did get to cross of one of my resolutions from 2012; read more than 12 books.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
My True Love Gave to Me. I will read this book before I start school again on Monday!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
I can’t wait for Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins (the sequel to Rebel Belle). I really love the plot twist at the end of Rebel Belle, so I’ve been anticipating the sequel ever since I finished reading it.
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira
(Honestly, though, I just searched Goodreads for anticipated debut novels in 2015..)
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
The sequel and ending for Jenny Han’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before;
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
- Blogging more regularly
- Finish the Goodreads
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Hehe.. I got none..
That’s all for me. Thank you all, my lovely readers, for making my first year of book blogging so special with the awards and tags and all-over love.
Lots of hugs and kisses,